Overseas Visitors - Sydney, what a beautiful place to get married!

 Regardless of nationality you are more than welcome to be married in Australia.  Your marriage in Australia will be recognised in other countries. However it is advisable to talk to your own local authorities to confirm this before making arrangements. For some countries, you will need to obtain an Apostille Stamp from our Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade to verify that your Registered Marriage Certificate is authentic

As your Marriage Celebrant, I would be very pleased to assist you in arranging your wedding day in Australia. Your Notice of Intended Marriage (NOIM) can be completed before you arrive here for your wedding, and you can fax it & then post the original to me. It must be lodged with  me at least one month before your wedding day.

Phone me to talk about your wedding on 61-2-9979 2315
or email on esearle@optusnet.com.au


A Notice of intention to Marry (Notice of Intended Marriage) form, must be completed having your signatures witnessed in front of any of the persons listed on the back of the Notice. If overseas an Australian consular or Australian diplomatic officer must witness your signatures or any persons listed on the notice who are Australian Citizens. Then return the completed Notice of intended marriage form to me, no earlier than eighteen months or later than one month  before your your wedding day.

For your NOIM, you will need your birth certificates, a passport (not Australian) and evidence of ending of previous marriage if relevant. The Notice of intended marriage form can be obtained from any Australian embassy or High Commission world wide or on-line at www.ag.gov.au/marriageand follow the links. You will need to have your signatures witnessed before sending me your NOIM.  This can be done by an Australian Embassy official in your country or by a Notary Public.  Here is a list which will help you to find a Notary Public in Great Britain.Notary Public U.K.

You do not need to be in Australia to lodge the Notice. You can mail or fax it to me prior to your wedding day. When I receive your completed NOIM, I will prepare all the official marriage certificates and write a ceremony that suits you.  I will need to sight your birth certificates or overseas passports when you arrive in Australia .Before you get married  you will both need to sign Declarations of No Legal Impediment. You will need  two witnesses over the age of eighteen years to sign the marriage certificates on the wedding day.

Some countries require your registered Marriage Certificate to be stamped with an Apostille stamp or an Authentication.  To get information about this visit the Australian government's  Smart Traveller website.

An informative site for visitors to Australia  Amazing Australia 

For information about Sydney  GoSydneyCity


 Copyright Elaine Searle 2008 - 2012